Tuesday, May 6, 2008

From the DOC Lectionary Blog

Did you know that the Christian Church in the Upper Midwest has a lectionary resource? Associate Regional Minister, Bill Spangler Dunning has created the DOC Lectionary Blog where several bloggers reflect on the lectionary texts for the coming week and readers have a chance to comment and share their reflections. Here is a sample of what Bill wrote concerning Pentecost and Mother's Day based on text from Acts:

"...though I did not set out to link mothers day and Pentecost, it seems if I were going to do this what I would do is talk about my mother and how she and others have been the one who stood up and raised her voice and guided me through those potentially confusing moments of life.

I have writen a story about everyone else in the family but my mother. Im not sure why I have been unable to catch my mothers presence in my life in a paragraph of letters and words. Everytime I sit down to write something about her I seem to fall short with just the right emphasis that tells my soul that 'Yes, this is my mother.' "


Find out what else Bill has to say by going to the blog.

No comments: