Friday, June 13, 2008

Week of Compassion Appeal Update

Yesterday, Don Hiscox asked Disciples in the Upper Midwest to raise $50,ooo to supplement funds given to the Region by Week of Compassion to help those affected by the floods and tornadoes in Iowa and Minnesota. I wanted to leave you with an update: a Disciple in Minnesota (whose chooses to remain anonymous) sent $500 to help with the relief efforts!

We thank God for the gererosity of this Minnesota Disciple. The challenge from Don still remains:

I challenge the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Upper Midwest
in the next ten days to raise at least $50,000 in new money as gifts designated
to the Week of Compassion for Upper Midwest Region flood and tornado relief. My
wife, Karen, and I have just written our personal check...I'm going to ask the
congregation where we worship to at least match our gift.

Please consider donating what you can.


No comments: