Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A New Path --Central College Mission Day

It was Beautiful! I stood looking over the pond at the chapel and new path that now encircles the entire pond -- I heard myself sigh (a Wonderful Sigh) and say outloud "How Beautiful!" This was the second year that Central College has sent a mission team up to help build something at the Conference Center. Last year they sent a team up to build a new bridge to the area that would become the New Pond Chapel. This year they came back with yet a larger team to clean up the area around the pond and build a walking path around the pond. They worked from 9am - 4pm and I believe they were tired by the end of the day. I want to give thanks to Central College for two reason: 1) Thanks for helping us improve things that we cannot do without volunteer groups like this one and 2) Thanks for being visionary enough to set aside a whole day of classes to teach the importance of helping out the wider community. I am extremly optimistic about the upcoming generation who are willing to explore and build new paths wherever life might take them.

No comments: